Thursday, October 3, 2013

Little.Fish. in an ocean.

I love the song, "How He Loves" by John Mark McMillan.  It has richly blessed me for years - it never ceases to amaze me how.Much.he.Loves.  I used to sing this song and picture him hanging on the cross - because the chords of the song & the chorus just sounded like a cry - the kind that you hear pain & agony & loss.  My Lord died for me?  endured it all for, me?  Oh, how he loves.


We visit the ocean semi-frequently, because we love it & because we live close enough to go in the evening.  The best: post-nap-time-dinner-on-the-beach-playtime-watching-the-sun-set.  It may be my very favorite thing to do with toddlers (with the one blemish being a late bed time).

My boys try to carry water from the ocean & get too excited & spill it EVERY time.  It's precious & hilarious.

"we are his portion & He is our prize, drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes,
if His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking"


I am a Little.Fish. in an ocean of His grace.  I love this image because of the magnitude - hugeness - deepness - abundance - overwhelming force.  An.OCEAN.of.GRACE.


Grace: the free & unmerited FAVOR of God.


If HIS grace is an ocean, we're all sinking  - I don't really like the idea of sinking.  I lose control, I am at the mercy of whatever external force is acting upon me- I must rely on an outside force to act upon me to PULL ME OUT if I'm sinking.  But, if His grace is an ocean, and I'm sinking in it, would I ever want to get pulled out?

"I can carry it Mom, I big&strong Mom, I'm big&strong!"

Lord, thank you for an ocean of your grace.  Your unmerited favor.  Your free gift.  The beauty of the ocean takes my breath away, but I feel so much peace in its presence.  Thank you for reminding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment