Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Little.Fish. in a maze

I am continually reminded throughout this #31days writing challenge, that I am given moments of clarity & then fall back into the similar patterns, action & thought.  I am so grateful for the little epiphanies, the 'ah-ha' moments, similarities in my own struggles with those around me & what I can learn from them.  The eb & flow of this life can truly wear me out, build me up, undo me, transform me.

It can be discouraging.  It can make me feel like I'm not making progress.  (What is progress?)  I can forget how much I have really learned, grown, changed.  How do I 'grade' myself, my life, my work?  Should I get caught up in the progress, the assessment of my days, whether or not I'm meeting my own goals, my own expectations?

As I embrace choosing to be a diligent worker, a cheerful giver, a kind boss.  I am struck by how simple, and hard that can be.

But the encouragement found in the journey, through any maze, is life giving.  remembering the faithfulness of the Lord, in any & everything.  the maze can itself, become blessing, through the right eyes.

heading into the maze!  y'all it was LONG, haha.
little loves.



Blessing:  my sweet family getting out & enjoying each other & enjoying the season.  my little boys' smiles, tears, tantrums, triumphs.  the beauty of the colors.  the heat even in the Fall.  the BBQ & hot dogs & my patient hubs sitting at the kid size picnic table cause they want to.  my sweet babe on my hip snuggled in close.  the sun coming through in that shade of yellow.  the little boy joy that tractors, dirt, corn, swings, play bring.

some blessings from the Lord are just simple life.

"Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven.  
The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light."
James 1:17 (the Message)

"So throw all spoiled virtue and cancerous evil in the garbage. 
In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, 
making a salvation-garden of your life."
James 1:21 (the Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment