Sunday, June 13, 2010

5 months old and 60 years...

Today we celebrated because James is 5 months old. It really seems strange to think that he's getting so big; what everyone says is true. The days are long but the months fly by (shortly to be replaced by the years fly by!). Matt said, its crazy to think that this time last year we were pregnant and he's been here now over half of the time I was pregnant. That may not have made sense the first time you read it, but to me it sounded insane! Pregnancy took forever; there was so much anticipation and excitement and those days and months really crawled by. It seems unreal to think that he's almost 22 weeks old and to think about what I was doing when I was 22 weeks pregnant. Life is so different now, but life is so good.
We took some pictures of James today to try and capture his 5 month mark, but we had some trouble with our little sleepy bear. He had just woken up and half of the shots we took his eyes were almost closed, but at least we got one good smile.


Here is James sort of sitting up with some help from Dad. :-)


We also had the pleasure of going to our neighbors 60th wedding anniversary & her 80th birthday party. Wow, what a celebration and what fun. All 6 of their children were there and their 21 grandchildren and 1 great grand child. It was so exciting to see their whole family, and they are sooo proud of them!! This couple has awesome faith in the Lord and the blessing for the meal was full of thankfulness for the wonderful life they've been given. This couple was born about the same time as my own grandparents who have all gone home to be with the Lord. I just stood there holding James and thinking what it would have been like to been able to celebrate that blessing with my own family, and I'm praying for that day to come for Matt and I. Can you imagine 60 years of marriage?? I can't, but I know that my 4 years have been the best of my life. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful little boy, and our families are true blessings. If we could all be so lucky to celebrate 60 years... my James would be 56 years old himself!! haha. :-)

ps. I can't wait for Father's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment