Thursday, October 9, 2014

eyes.to.See - wonder

"Look among the nations! Observe! Be Astonished! Wonder!  
Because I am doing something in your days-- you would not believe if you were told."
Habakkuk 1:5


Wonder.


Be Amazed.


I love taking my sons outside, into nature to see the wonder of God's creation.  There is just something refreshing about being out in the sunshine & feeling the wind in your face.  The roar of the ocean & the beauty of the sand & waves.  The height of the mountains & the view as you gaze for miles&miles.  The reflection of light on the river & lake.  The sunshine through the old trees.  The birds flying high, pecking low, showing us their colors.  The endless things to see, soak in, give thanks for & count as a gift the Lord made for me to enjoy.

I hope to teach my sons to wonder at the little mirrors of God's glory here on earth.  I hope they see their mom&dad seeking those times to be outside & bask in all that he has given.  There is a reason that creation is overflowing with beauty- because it if a reflection of the creator.  He is an artist & has made each one of us, a work of art worthy of wonder.  How much more beautiful is our Lord?  It is unfathomable to me that he is more beautiful that the sunrise or the beauty in my boys' faces.  What a day it will be to see his face!

The JOY that overflows for us, the wonder that fills my eyes when I choose to look & see what's around me.  If you don't pay attention, you won't ever see it.  So we call attention to it - we ask the questions that make our boys look around and take notice.  And we thank God for all of it.

Lord, thank you for all the beauty in this world you've made.  From the biggest, most noticeable, to the smallest, least visible.  Lord teach my sons to see your hand in all of it.  You are the artist.  It takes my breath away & reminds me of your love for me.  Thank you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment