Wednesday, October 1, 2014

eyes.to.See - my 31 days of writing

     Welcome!  I am looking forward to writing this month on lessons I'm learning from motherhood & childhood, and I'm calling it...


     I am continually surprised how the lessons I'm teaching my sons as they walk through this life are actually lessons for me.  When I have to really dig deep, take apart all the pieces of something that seems small, it is not small anymore.  Self-control for example.  How do you teach a 3 & 4 year old self control?  Do I even have self control, or exercise it appropriately??  That is what I'm talking about.  The moment when I begin to see how my own LACK of self control magnified in the mirror of my children.  Great place to begin!

"But you have God-blessed eyes - eyes that see!  
And God-blessed ears - ears that hear!
A lot of people, prophets and humble believers among them, would have given anything to see what you are seeing, to hear what you are hearing, but never had the chance."
Matthew 13:16-17 The Message

     It is easy to move through our everyday, normal days and pass by opportunities without even realizing it.  I cling to the mindset that if I pay attention, notice the gifts & chances the Lord gives each day, that I will stop, take it in, and savor it.  (please read Ann Voskamp if you haven't, the Lord has blessed me through her)  The time for teaching & correction is dynamic, changing as the boys grow up.  I am so grateful for the Lord to teach me as I seek to teach.

     I am expectant - I am sitting on the edge of my seat for the month of October & the opportunity to take this writing challenge for the second time with The Nester.  I cannot.wait. to walk through these 'simple' lessons that I've been learning, and re-teaching, and re-learning with my sons.  I am continually amazed at how 'simplicity' and 'complexity' can coexist in all the 'life lessons' I strive to impart.  Join me in asking the Lord for eyes.to.See and ears to hear?

((Follow along using links from this main post, but also?  Go check out the others writing at write31days.com & I will be following along with some of my favs as well!!  Cannot wait.))

1. eyes.to.See - self.control.
2. eyes.to.See - obedience
3. eyes.to.See - diligence
4. eyes.to.See - JOY
5. eyes.to.See - patience
6. eyes.to.See - courage
7. eyes.to.See - servanthood
8. eyes.to.See - regret
9. eyes.to.See - wonder
10. eyes.to.See - forgiveness
11. eyes.to.See - kindness
12. eyes.to.See - friendship
13. eyes.to.See - brotherly.love.
14. eyes.to.See - truth
15. eyes.to.See - selfishness
16. eyes.to.See - submission
17. eyes.to.See - hospitality
18. eyes.to.See - generosity
19. eyes.to.See - justice
20. eyes.to.See - give.thanks.
21. eyes.to.See - perseverance
22. eyes.to.See - growth
23. eyes.to.See - peace
24. eyes.to.See - gentleness
25. eyes.to.See - faithfulness
26. eyes.to.See - goodness
27. eyes.to.See - wrestle
28. eyes.to.See - power
29. eyes.to.See - practice
30. eyes.to.See - wisdom
31. eyes.to.See - life.lessons.or.faith.lessons?

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment