Saturday, October 25, 2014

eyes.to.See - faithfulness


"... It is good to give thanks to the Lord and to sing praises to your name, O Most High.  To declare your loving kindness in the morning, and your faithfulness by night."
Psalm 92:1-2

Faithfulness.

I think that I link faithfulness most with trust.  When I read about declaring the faithfulness of the Lord at night, it makes me think of looking back, over the day or week or month or year & remembering all that has past.  Looking back over your shoulder at the end of the day & seeing how the Lord has been faithful to you.  Sometimes it is easier to see in hindsight.  Sometimes our prayers are answered, and we don't even realize because life flies by our eyes so fast.

Faithfulness builds trust.  I know I can trust the Lord with anything & everything because I know how he has carried me & provided for me & sustained me in the past.  Every time I look back over my day, I CAN SEE HIS FAITHFULNESS.  I know he is with me; He will never leave me.

And so, I can wake up tomorrow, and declare his loving kindness.  and in the evening, I can look back, and be amazed.  at his faithfulness.

Lord, thank you for your faithfulness.  Teach me to be more like you in my faithfulness.  Continue to build the trust with me, as you show me where you held me up in the midst.  Let me see & hear as I rejoice in what've you've done for me.  Let my heart declare, by night, your faithfulness.  Let my sons see me thank you, and may they know of YOUR faithfulness, even as mine is imperfect.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment