Saturday, October 11, 2014

eyes.to.See - kindness

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23


"Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."
Galatians 5:24


"If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.  Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another."
Galatians 5:25-26

Kindness.

When we send our boys off to preschool we tell them two things: "obey your teachers & be kind to your friends."  I don't think I can take credit for that little combo - my sweet friend Meredith tells hers the same.  I love these little reminders for those first times away from home & away from Mom&Dad's eyes.  I would tell they to obey; it seems very natural in my normal thinking.  Who's in charge when you're at school? Your teacher.  

But 'be kind to your friends' may have not occurred to me except for my sweet friend's example.  It is a great reminder to myself as I move through my days, interacting with who knows how many other people.  Some days the list is so long I cannot count... and some days the only people I interact with are in my house.

Some people come into our contact in fleeting moments.  Could those interactions be evaluated for my kindness?  Shouldn't that be found in all my goings & comings?  I would love it if that could be said of me (even only a percentage).

Lord continue to work in me.  Make me into a kind person.  Help me be an example of kindness to my sons.  Let me be kind to my friends, but not with just 'my best' but with the fruit of your Spirit.  Your kindness Lord is so beautiful to see.  Thank you for the sweet gift of kindness.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment