Monday, July 29, 2013

I.am.a.SEED.

Lately, I've been running.  We've been running.


One of the songs that has spoken to me as I've been running... David Crowder's 'I am a seed'.
  
"I've been pushed down into the ground, Oh how I have been trampled down.  Lord I put my trust in Thee.  You won't turn you back on me.  Oh I am a seed.  Oh I am a seed.  I've been pushed down into the ground but I will rise up a tree."


Oh, it definitely feels like I've been trampled down many.days.  I don't know how many times I have told my little Hayden to make his cars drive on the floor: not the furniture, walls, doors, windows, window ledges, kitchen counters, people... seriously?  Some times I do just fold - give in - refuse to say it again - refuse to discipline for disobedience - decide to fight a 'different battle'.  BUT I am a seed, and so is he.  The toddler-tantrums between our 2 toddlers absolutely wear.us.out.  BUT I am a seed, and I will rise up a tree.  and so will he.


We have such beautiful, enormous trees where we live.


"Oh I can see it won't be long.  Till I break free from what I was.
Your river of GRACE flows endlessly.  You won't turn your back on me."



I am so grateful for the opportunity to go out & RUN.  It is wonderful for my mind, body & spirit.


The stress-free whine-free zone of the run.


My new blessing: afternoon nap X3 = momma's quiet time for afternoon coffee & reading & blogging & Bible study.  I am a seed.


So many feet on top of me, But I will rise up a tree.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! this is a great post. enjoyed it & inspired by your running!

    ReplyDelete