There are things that I don't try to do because I don't know how to get started. or I think it will be too hard. or cost too much. or take too much time. But thankfully, sometimes I just get the right opportunity & encouragement at the right time. I am so grateful for some antique bookcases from my grandmother's house to give me the kick start I needed to try out some furniture re-dos. ((Yellow was pre-excisting, one coat liquid sander to clean&tone down, distress))
James was so excited about his new bookcase in his room that he couldn't sleep because he couldn't quit reading books... I suppose that's not the worst thing. ((this one is next up to be painted))
I went for it with this one. I am so thankful for my sweet neighbor who showed me how she approaches her painting projects & really helped me shake the worry of 'messing it up'. Sometimes you just gotta try & go for it & take the first step. isn't getting started the hardest part? ((one coat liquid sander, one coat red overall, 2nd coat on top, sides, and shelf bottoms))
I grew up with this bookcase in my house & I was hesitant about redoing it. But I'm so happy with how it turned out. I hope my Hayden loves his new bookcase too. ;-)
I have had this high chair since Hayden's 1st birthday, just over a year. with the intention to repaint it blue. and now I have done it!! This one presented a unique challenge because it needed a polyurethane coat to keep it safe for Calvin to eat from the tray. Again, I've never attempted anything like this, and normally wouldn't. But, feeling the success from the red bookcase, I decided to go for it. I think it turned out pretty nice. ((two coats liquid sander, one coat gray paint, one coat blue, distress, one coat poly overall, 2nd coat on seat & tray top))
I am a novice on the sewing machine. But, I wanted to make a little seat belt for Calvin to use in his high chair while he's still pretty little. Because its antique, it doesn't have any of the modern safety features, but the beauty of it make up for any & all shortcomings. So I went for it. I bought a set of standard pillow shams made of a quilted material & adapted the pattern to fit my material constraints. ((cut in half, one side for seat bottom, one side split for 'belt', small connector piece, fastens closed with velcro sewn on)) Would highly recommend using two separate pieces, cutting accordingly, but this seemed to be a less expensive option although a bit of a challenge to piece together (because I saved the seems as much as I could).
Baby tested & big bro approved. Its gonna work out well. Sometimes, you just get up the nerve & go for it!! Fear of failing can keep you from succeeding too. Just go for it!