Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hayden's Birth Day

The short version of my birth story is as follows:  I woke up at 1 AM when my water broke and we decided to head right in to the hospital.  Luckily, Matt's cousin Rachel was staying with us so she took over watching James and we took off!

We checked in at 1:30 and went up to the labor and delivery floor.  I was already 7 cm dilated, and had to get my blood platelet count checked before I could get an epidural.  Needless to say, I didn't get one!  It had been a silent prayer of mine- my perfect scenario for going natural.  

I only labored for 45 min to get to 10 cm, and I delivered Hayden in about 10 minutes.  We had only been at the hospital for just over an hour- and hello baby!

Well, the most exciting part of Hayden's birth day was finding out that he was 9 lbs 11 oz and 22 in long!!  We had thought that my belly was pretty darn big, but we had no clue that Hayden would be that big when he was born.  WOW!


Big brother James got to come and meet his new little brother after he got up and had some breakfast.  Perfect way to start a day!  Our pediatrician recommended that we let James come see me first and then bring Hayden over in the bassinet so he could see our 'new baby.'


Then, we got to hold Hayden together and check him out!  James did so great.  And he continues to do so many sweet things for his little baby brother.  It is absolutely precious.


Our first 12 hours as a family of four = amazing.  Matt's Mom was able to be in town and take care of James for us while we were in the hospital, and it was actually pretty peaceful in the hospital.  We aren't used to more than an hour or two at a time where there is no running and/or toddler screaming, haha.  We even laughed that it was almost a little vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment