Saturday, October 30, 2010

but what will I wear...

Oh fall, how I love you.  I seriously adore being up in NC this year for fall.  Last year when we moved up, it was already cold and Matt had to rake the leaves every weekend.  Seriously, chest high piles of leaves every weekend though November.  But, this year its come a little gentler, more gradual.  We actually get to revel in the falling temperatures and see the colors change before we begin to curse the leaves falling. :-)

Best part of fall: Thanksgiving. But ok, now that I have James to dress up for Halloween, I guess I'll have to include it.  ps. when we take him trick or treating, who will eat his candy?? haha.  At least this year...

We have 3 costumes for James' first Halloween.  1. Dragon from Grammie  2. Bear from Mommy  3. Lion from Mimi





But what will I wear???



Fortunately, the decision was easy.  The Dragon costume (unfortunately) is just too small for James.  We took his picture early in it so that it would fit!  I wasn't sure he would squeeze in when it actually got to be Halloween.  The bear was what I wanted to buy.  I got it for a steal at the Pottery Barn kids, so I couldn't help myself.  Mommy gets to buy something, right??  The Lion is handmade- completely handmade- by my mother-in-law.  So, this is the one he's wearing.  1st Halloween is special.  I'm glad we'll remember it.  Pictures of the Lion soon to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment