Thursday, August 5, 2010

FL mini family reunion


Hello!! (which I think may actually be James' first word because I use it a lot, haha) It seems like a long time since I've gotten a chance to update, so here goes. We had a great birthday for Matt last week, and then we took off for Florida to meet up with Matt's family and actually meet one of his cousin's babies for the first time. Unfortunately, anyone who has traveled with a baby or small child could tell you, it is a bit stressful, so I didn't take very many pictures. I actually don't have any of our mini-family reunion. :-( I'm waiting for my mother-in-law to share some of hers with me, so maybe in the near future we will have some to share.

But, we did get a few pictures on the first day we were there, before we got to worn out. James didn't sleep well. again, we were up in the night over the vacation, so when we finally got back, we felt like we needed a vacation. whew. The excitement didn't stop until we actually made it home on Monday morning 1am because of a delayed flight. I can now say that it is no fun when your plane is told to circle the airport because of a storm, then it runs our of gas and has to land somewhere else, then gets grounded by the storm so it can't come get you... yes. but we did make it; the only thing that could have been worse would have been for it to be cancelled all together. Poor James.

So, here we are, day one of our trip. The only day we captured in film.

We started off at Joe's Crab Shack for lunch which was so good. Fried sea food is one of my FAVORITE things, honestly. I do miss that about not living in FL anymore. We are at least 4 hours from the beach here.


James' first time to the Gulf Coast. Lovely Clearwater Beach.


Does this look like a really cool effect that I used on the image?? nope, its condensation on my lense from the really cold hotel room to the really humid pool side. haha



James did like the kiddie pool. It was almost like his little bouncer seat at home; he could touch his toes on the bottom of the pool and walk around. It was really cute!!


Cross your fingers that I'll remember to put up some pictures of the whole family together! :-) We really did have a nice time seeing everyone. How often do you get to do something like that?? Sure, we may be loud, wild and crazy, but we love each other and have a great time together! James will grow to love it too; I'm pretty sure. I honestly am looking forward to seeing the group photo because James was screaming his head off. Funny in hindsight.

No comments:

Post a Comment