Friday, July 20, 2012

road warriors

All of trips down to figure out this move coming up have resulted in the feeling of being here, there, & everywhere.  Many time eating out for too many meals which can cause the tension to rise with little guys who haven't gotten as much sleep as normal and mommy/daddy who haven't either.  Gratefully, we are being taught- learning- and hopefully growing-up as parents as our boys grow up.  I can feel some personal growth which makes me so thankful to God, but when the stress is on, the waves crashing in over the bows seem likely to sink the ship altogether.


Good thing for us we know who can calm those wind and waves with just a word- or do the same to my heart-in-turmoil.  Gratefully, we have come though some of the most trying situations our patience can face, and we are looking back on the other side.  


What a testament of our Lord's goodness- no matter if things are going our way or totally going awry, we can move through with confidence.  We can move through loving each other, WELL.  We can move through with hope, for the amazing gifts to come that we can't even imagine.  Isn't it easy to imagine the bad??

Life is always better when we all can REST.  Sleep is important, but even more, I'm learning to find moments of rest for myself during the day.  Learning to enjoy the moments quiet- when I can find encouragement in a daily verse, or book, or friend.  Sometimes I go to long pushing through the chores like the kid who hangs their head, but I've been challenged to face the chores and the tasks given to me like I would like my child to act, when I ask to pick up his toys, cheerfully & completely.  And don't I help??  Won't my heavenly Father also help me, if I put myself to the work?  Forgive my indulgence to go on and on, but these little revelations give me so much STRENGTH.  Makes me feel silly for indulging my need to feel 'over-worked' and let out those big sighs.  ;-)


Waking up to a new morning in our new (old) city.  I'm so attached to calling it our "safe place to land".  I love the image of that- and I'm so grateful to believe that it will be.


House hunting with our two boys- trying out the local park.  Not going to be our local park, but we are crossing our fingers that we will have 'our' local park nailed down very soon!!


I'm just so glad that we have each other.


I mean, how can it be a 'bad' day with this face around??  Hoping that we won't have to be road warriors for very much longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment