Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Yay September!

September started off with the JFC Labor Day soccer tournament. It is always an exciting and challenging one, because the games are all over town! We are usually split up, driving all over to get our boys where the needed to be. What a wild weekend - Hayden's team won! Here they are getting their medals and trophy. Hayden's two best friends: Noah and Stu. Thankful for the days when they get to come home with the win!




Amazingly, Hayden and I got to make his birthday trip to Universal Studios Orlando happen by taking a day off of school. I enjoyed this special trip so much! It was a pretty hot day, so Hayden didn't want to wear any robes, but he was excited to get the wand. We actually got into the Olivanders, and they picked him to be the 'chosen kid'. He didn't end up buying the wand they picked for him, haha, but he found one he liked the look of. The 'spells' you can do around the park really are a lot of fun, and make the park more than just ride after ride.


Hayden and I in Diagon Alley!


I got a little nostalgic, so I had to put the pictures side by side from both of the boys' trips. I think Hayden was a little bit bigger than James, but he was a year older.


Hayden and I did all the 'spells', rode the Gringott's bank ride, and decided to go to the Hogwarts express!


Hayden with his butterbeer in Hogsmede. Classic! More spells, lunch at the three broomsticks, riding the Hippogriff ride and the Hogwarts Castle ride. We ended in line for the Hagrid's motorbike ride, and it was a great as I had remembered! The best part: we only waited in line for less that 2 hours. James and I had waited 4 hours!! I was thankful not to do that again.



We decided to ride a couple of water rides in Island of Adventure, and I just remember how much Hayden loved it. We rode it twice and got soaking wet! 

So long Universal, we had the best time!


Our Halloween costumes came in so of course we had to try them on! I am pretty good at planning ahead on costumes, which really comes in handy when you order things online and the shipping times really vary. This year, Star Wars! I think they may have been more excited about the weapons than the costumes, but since they really don't 'play dress up' anymore, having some cool weapons as toys is a huge plus. Any kind of game is better when you can incorporate some great toys.



Hermione snuggled me on the couch; I honeslty couldn't beleive how she crawled into my lap. And James grew maybe two inches in two months?!? These two photos were taken July and September. wild.



This September, I helped my friend Kate throw a fundraiser dinner for a little boy who was dying of cancer. A truly brilliant and exceptional boy, who was only just a couple of years older than my own. My precious friend Kate was and is fighting terminal cancer herself. But she is probably just as brilliant and exceptional as Ian was, but with a different skill set. She made this event as a labor of love for that young man, and his precious family & friends were able to raise more than $50,000 for his medial expenses. They made a movie that I couldn't bring myself to watch, so I washed dishes in the kitchen, and my boys cleared plates from tables for me. James helped me decorate the tables with his star wars collection, and it really did turn out to be a wonderful labor of love. I still don't know how kate did it all, but I do know after Ian passed this event was a really big deal for him. His memorial service was held in the same room, and the whole experience for me was devastating. I am honored to know and love and serve along side Kate, and so grateful for my friend's life.


David wanted to get his picture taken with our school resource officer, Officer Briggs. We were at a school fundraiser lunch, and David spotted him. I really thought it was the sweetest.


David on his way to practice with a mohawk. I loved it!


David's Academy team with his Coach Kennys.


Hayden got a turn to bring his team's trophy home. I don't know why they want to drink out of it. This is a staged picture, of course.


I don't know know what is happening in this group photo, but it is so classic of our family. All of us around the table, doing 3 different things it looks like, but all together. I love it.


There was a brief period where I became obsessed with finding these little olaf key chains for David's kindergarten teacher. Yes, I drove all over town looking for them. There was just some kind of thrill in the hunt, and I couldn't help myself.


Hayde and his buddy Noah & Stu for Noah's birthday party. Love their friendships.


Calvin and some teammates having lunch after a game. This little team was figuring it out together.


My little Florida boy in this hat, shirtless, playing a switch; I'm melted. And he became interested in the linkin logs toy and built cabins for weeks.


This was James riding out the hurricane. It was not even close to as bad as they thought it could be, but we were thankful for that. Lots of debris in the yard, but nothing else to speak of. Matt decided it was time for the backpack blower. Hurricane prep! It did come in very handy, and I think we cleaned up quite a few neighbors' yards with our little lawn service crew.




Ah, Lord this month looks short on the page, but it was full. The trip to Universal with Hayden was such a wonderful memory, and I hope I can hang on to it as long as I can. James in Junior High was hard, but you carried us through Lord. He got the hang of everything, and so did Matt&I. You have guided us all the way Lord. Thank you for your light to our paths. May we keep following it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment