Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Yay October!

October in Florida doesn't feel so much like October because of the heat. It's like a cheat month that shouldn't be like summer but usually is, unless its not by some fluke of weather. You just never know when it will change around here.

David under my favorite blanket with the remote under his nose. I don't get it, but it is adorable.


I think I was trying to keep up a regular habit of shark tooth hunting, so I was still laying out my teeth and counting afterwards. It really never gets old. And my sweet friend Victoria had her baby boy!! What a precious doll baby. I was so excited to get this picture, and then I realized it was because I had gifted him the sheets. So sweet!


We had new family pictures taken, and they turned out so beautifully. Here are just a few. My favorite people at my favorite place.






David wore his Dad's fire helmet to school for career day (or something) and we got to make a little mini poster of his Daddy being a fireman. It really was heart bursting.




The most unfortunate thing happened. James took a bath, and the tub leaked through the ceiling. Yes, I know we just had the bathroom redone. Yes, I thought they would have checked the drain for the proper seal. But as it was, apparently not. No one had taken a bath up there for quite some time is seemed, so the water that didn't make it in the drain found it's way out through our can light. Praise the Lord this sorted out relatively easily and quickly and inexpensively. I was not happy when water was dripping from the ceiling.



Calvin's team was in the Prime tournament, and they made it to the finals! It was a game that they really struggled to win, but they made it! They had bad luck in the final, but Calvin was so excited to win his first medal. It was a really big deal.







There is nothing like a drive way dance party.


One of the few times I was able to meet up with two of my young life girls. We celebrated Riley's 16th birthday which is just so special.


This small section from Ann Voskamp is about the waxing and waning of life, just as the moon goes through cycles and seasons. There is something profound about the idea of life coming in different waves, and what do we do to ride out each one.


This was a day David had waited for since he was a really small boy. His first field trip! Covid really took out most trips, but they started making a come back in 2022. David's first grade class went to the Diamond D ranch, and he loved this day. 



I was really happy that I was able to go, and we rode together with Mo and her momma Brit. Life is always better with people you love!


Another thing I actually love: these grilled chicken wings. I tell you what, Matt Prose can make some darn good wings. He got a new grill, and we have all (me most!) been enjoying his experiements with his new grill.


Wow! This was a crew right here. All the kids of Hannah, Jessica and I. With the exception of Hannah's newest addition who was still a bun in the oven.


More log houses from David, and the.best.picture of Hayden peeking out the front door just like Hermione does everyday when we come home.



For this year's Fall Festival, James was old enough to volunteer to help run booths at OPE. He and I did this fishing booth, and he had more fun than anyone giving away candy. He also loved being taller than Coach Rob.


I was really enjoying these new uniforms, so I made the boys take pictures together. As it does, their personalities show up in the end.



Maybe the highlight of October: making bread with Ann at her house! I had always been too intimidated by yeast to ever consider making my own bread. (and now I even contemplate making sourdough!) But after walking through the steps with Ann, I decided I really enjoyed making it for my family. And I really enjoy eating it!



Halloween snuck up on us, so we made a quick stop for some pumpkins to carve for our Halloween decorations. I don't know why they love decorating for Halloween, but they do! I would take them to a pumpkin patch any day.



I think I bought a bottle of champagne for our anniversary, and it took us until October to drink it. Or maybe it was for Matt's 10th year at his company. Either way, we finally opened it and celebrated with bubbly. I think it looks so beautiful in a flute.


The Storybook parade at OPE! I couldn't help but include Noah's old lady costume. He is standing by Hayden, and it was the best one I got of him. 







Decorations up, pumpkins carved, and had some time for soccer in the front yard. Our Star Wars crew was ready to go. James did not go out like C3PO, but he was good for a group photo.






Thank you Lord for all the waves we ride through each day, each month. This one had water coming through the ceiling and so many soccer games. Time with friends and enjoying the traditions of the Fall. The work and planning that go into the events or holidays, and the anticipation of the event itself. Thank you Lord that you are there when it feels overwhelming or chaotic, and you are there when it feels lonely. You meet us in all the places. Help us trust you in the waves. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment