Friday, May 10, 2024

Yay November!

November started off with a day we had been waiting for! Anthony came home!! He had been deployed for a whole year. It seems unreal, but it did really happen. He grew up so much, and so did our boys. These before and after pictures are really taking me by surprise.




James made the Lakeside junior high soccer team, which was a really big deal! He was one of four seventh graders to make the team, and we were so excited for him. They played their whole season in about 6 weeks, with 2 (sometimes 3!) games during the school week. This team was so talented, and Matt and I were really impressed with their skill and level of play. Taking photos of James while he got to play was a little challenging, but I wanted to put a couple of them in here to remember. They are better as live photos!



We all were still finishing up our club soccer season while junior high soccer was going on. It was a wild, awesome schedule for a couple of weeks that they overlapped. I love having all four of my boys together for a photo! I need to get a really good one at the field.




I don't remember why, but I got to go in have lunch with David. I love his sweet little face! I usually send an us-ie to Matt when we sit together. In hindsight, I'm so glad I do that! Sometimes I am not very good at taking pictures.


James and Matt got to go to the Jags game, just the two of them. I don't remember how this came about, but I do love the outfits, especially the backwards hat. They had awesome seats, oh actually they sat in these by mistake and had to move. But I think just one section up, ha!



I decided to make the focaccia bread that Ann had done at her house. I used the recipe she gave me, and it was really easy! It has great flavor, but for whatever reason, I haven't come to make this one very often.


It was time for my birthday! This was not a super big birthday, but I did get spoiled for my last year of my 30s. Matt got me a pair of shoes that were very extravagant, and took me to see an immersion experience for Van Gogh. It was a really lovely day! 











I got a new puzzle from Rifle Paper and had reeces ice cream cake. I loved my outfit to go to Van Gogh, especially my shoes. Happy 39 to me! My family makes me feel so loved.


We send Nora this adorable little umbrella for her birthday, which is just a couple of days past mine. It changes color in the rain! So cute.


I don't know what we are doing in this picture, but I love it. James has such a cute smile, and his DQ in his lap. He wore those Lakeside jerseys almost every day for weeks with all the games they played. He was the only 7th grader in pre-aice on the team. He is pretty cool. I must have been a substitute that day. I couldn't remember when I started subbing at OPE, but I must have been the Spring of 2022, just before James graduated I got hired. Funny, I had forgotten!


And just like that it was time for Thanksgiving! We got to go up to my parents' house the weekend before to celebrate my Dad's birthday, and mostly we have pictures of the dogs because Biscuit was so cute! I am guessing maybe my Dad and Matt were hunting, because I don't see them in these pictures. I love the dogs all sitting and our group us-ie at the BBQ place.










These are some of my favorites of Biscuit. He is such a goofy, snuggly dog!




Time for hosting Thanksgiving at our house! Michelle helped me make these Amish dinner rolls, but they didn't turn out quite right as you can see. That dough is waay too runny, but I worked in enough flour, almost. They didn't roll very well because they were too sticky, but I learned and they tasted great! I want to say this was the second time I'd made them.


I don't often set our table in a 'fancy' way, but I do love a beautiful holiday table! Lots of great food, lots of our family were able to join us, and we had a lovely time.









Thanksgiving for lunch and dessert for dinner. I want to know what kind of cheesecake was in that red pie plate!




Our fun, full house. Biscuit in Grandpa's lap and a half dozen boys in the front hall. It was lots of fun to have cousins come too!


Hermione said, come again soon!


I love Thanksgiving, but I also love when it is all finished so we can decorate for Christmas! The first thing we always do is go get a live tree. Christmas time is here.


Lord, Thank you for our time with our family! It is precious. Thank you for soccer seasons, the one starting and the ones finishing. Thank you for my lovely birthday. In some ways getting older feels like loss, but it is hard to be sad when you have such joy and fun. There are so many things to be grateful for because you give such good gifts Lord. Help me see the ways you make my life so full. Help me to praise you for the provision, the protection, and the constant companionship of your Spirit. You move me through this life, and without you I don't know how I would do it. Thank you for being with me Lord, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment