Thursday, May 1, 2014

He.Is.Risen

Easter celebration for us began a little earlier than usual, because James' preschool class had an egg hunt the week before Easter.  We sent eggs with him to school, so we went ahead and filled all the eggs at once.  The boys spent the rest of the week, pretending to hide eggs & then find them, and then actually hiding their eggs, choosing their favorites, and finding them!  It was really fun for me to watch them play this game over, and over.


One of my favorite memories as a little girl was sunrise service for Easter morning.  I am excited for the day that our boys will be old enough to go, but for now it is such a joy to have Easter egg hunts & make those memories.  I remember always having Easter brunch with my grandparents after church - I would love it if my boys can look back and remember how we spent time together as a family.



But more than that, I want them to understand Easter.  It is a difficult thing to explain to my children, that Jesus died for them on the cross.  But, I was amazed to hear James tell me the WHOLE STORY about the last supper, the garden of gethsemane, and the crown of thorns.  He knew that Jesus died, and was buried, and the stone rolled away.  But the idea of resurrection was still a little unclear.  To hear the story of Jesus bearing the cross was humbling, heart-breaking, tear-jerking, and made my chest swell.


This little outfit was my big brother's when he was a baby.  Calvin has the special privilege of being the only one of my boys to wear it as well!  Thanks to my Aunt Cindy for finding it & sending it to us.  It brought us so much joy!


Look at how tall this little fella is getting??!?


At the end of the day, after we broke bread together, we enjoyed each other's company.  I am cherishing these days where my boys love each other & give affection to easily.  I know I will look back on these days of arms-wrapped-around-my-neck hugs from Hayden & sweet 'I wuv you mom' spoken quickly & quietly with fondness.



Happy Easter, He is Risen!! He is Risen indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment