Saturday, November 27, 2010

First (second) Thanksgiving

We were lucky enough to have my whole family come to our house to celebrate Thanksgiving.  We missed my sis Michelle and her new hubby RH, but they were having a nice time with his family for Thanksgiving Day. It was my first time making a Thanksgiving dinner, and we only forgot our Cranberry. Dang!

We make roasted turkey, smoked turkey, mac 'n cheese, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy, special gluten free mac 'n cheese for my Mom, crescent rolls AND of course pumpkin pie and gluten-free apple pie.



Matt got me a new table runner and coordinating napkins (that I picked out) for my birthday, so I was really excited to get to set the extended table for 10!!


James totally got into the act and ate a little of everything.  Seriously everything- he turned into a potato face by the end. But, he got to wear his special 'First Thanksgiving' shirt and his 'gobble gobble' bib! haha, its too much. I couldn't resist.


Friday I got to give James his first Christmas present- the Little People Nativity Set!! I was so excited- of course he only gets to have it out during the Christmas season, so we have to start as early as possible. :-)  Christmas decorating starting soon... !!


Thanks again to all my family for coming to spend Thanksgiving with us. We have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment