Monday, July 11, 2022

hello March

March 2021, you brought so much redemption from the prior year. Our spring break plans that were cancelled, our sporting events, our entering the final quarter of the school year with excitement. All of these were such a gift! Finishing our boys' soccer seasons. Yes, March gave us a taste of what we had been missing from the onset of the Covid crisis in 2020.

We started out with our precious girl's birthday! Hermione, you got a princess crown cookie, because you are our princess. We love you sweet little 2 year old girl!


My young life friends on the girls' soccer team won their 10th state championship title!! I streamed the game so I could watch them from home. This moment was their celebration mid field. I was so excited for you Brooke & Ellie!!


The '100 googly eyes' t-shirt made its final round! Hayden, you and I did a good job on that shirt. Both Calvin and David have loved wearing it for their 100th day of school. Happy 100th day of VPK David!


My race training this year ended with a personal record! I ran 9.3 miles in 1 hr and 27 min!! My best time prior to that was at the Gate around 10 years ago. I was really proud of myself. I give credit to my time training on the Peloton for making me stronger overall which helped me get faster.


We had one afternoon where the Grastons youngest two kids came over to hang out while their oldest two boys were playing in the state championships. It was such a fun time, and so exciting for their family. Their team came in state runner ups, but they had some awesome moments playing as brothers and teammates. Love it!


Jessica had her birthday celebration out at the Ritz on Amelia Island, and I got to go early and sit all by myself in the gorgeous sunlight of a warm March day. I remember I wore a cream sweatshirt and light wash jeans which were, for the first time in quite a long time, back in style. Jess convinced me I needed a wide brim straw hat, and my new look was born. I wear this hat at many soccer games & beach days. Totally worth it!


Ironically, we didn't miss out on our ski trip in 2020! We had taken it early so we could meet our new niece Evie, and it was only a few weeks later that the covid shut down happened. On one hand, its kind of awesome that we didn't get sick from traveling just a few weeks before the lock down happened! 

We decided this time we would drive up to West Virginia and go a bit bigger! The boys had done the smaller slopes in NC and had lessons for a couple of years, and I was ready to have more powder on our runs. We rented a house that had this giant window, and the Proses were able to come too! That made the trip feel like a family vacation for sure.




James and Hayden didn't need lessons this time and just went right to the slopes with Matt and I. Calvin and David both went to snow boarding lessons, and they were pumped! We started out with Hayden on skis, but by the end of our trip, he had changed over to a board and we had a snowboarding crew. It honestly was so cool to watch them all go! Their favorite part may have been ambushing us with snowballs!




The hot tub was a big hit- the novelty of having the hot water and the cold air. I loved watching the sun set over the mountains.




The Bigfoot statue & a snowball fight on the slope is a great way to start the day.





Probably my favorite pictures of the trip are always the group shots- I adore the goofy ones and the serious ones. I just love seeing us all together as we look back on our trips.






Souvenir t-shirt and a view that never gets old. Happy ski trip 2021!




I'll never forget sitting at this table with the (not-silly) thinking putty we bought playing 'guess that shape'! It was so funny to see what everyone came up with- hilarious & such a fun memory.









Ninjas fighting on our back deck & that view that makes you want to sit outside for as long as the sun is up.



I try to take pictures of Matt&I even if we don't look 'photo ready'. I want to see us in the memories too! What an awesome trip to WV with our boys for the first time. Can't wait to go back again!


Watching a play at St. John's with Ellie & Brooke; maybe it was Peter Pan? I loved that show!


The GATE River Run 2021!! It was a personal best for me! I even beat my pre-race time. I am convinced that the Peloton training made me faster than ever. Now to see if I can ever get a 1:25 again! haha (ps. I beat Anthony & Cole!)



 Sweet David all worn out from soccer.


All my boys & Zac at the Jax Zoo!



Hanna & I at the beach finding all the shark's teeth & sting ray teeth & beach glass.



Sunset at the soccer field, David's baseball glove going to preschool one day, and alllll the lemon tree blooms just starting out!



Passover meal with our favorites: the Cowaps! What a fun meal learning about Passover. James found the hidden unleavened bread in the cloth & got $20. All the bugs & stickers representing the different plagues made it a lot of fun for the boys.




My young life girls ❤️ The most beautiful orange ranunculus & Easter baskets full of pool toys & candy!



Finishing out our month with a CFA picnic in the tailgate of my escalade. I take all the chances I can get to snap a picture of these boys in those cute soccer uniforms.


March 2021 was a gift. Lord, after all the disappointment of March 2020, it felt like redemption. We were able to do all the things we missed (except camping), and even though it doesn't replace missed events, it gave us the joy of experiencing again things we love to do. Lord, you bless our lives is so many ways it is beyond counting. Just having one another to walk through these days with is a gift I cannot know the weight of. Lord, help me draw close to you each day. Help me to know you better each day, as I pray over my sons every night. Lord help me to see you & recognize you in and through my days. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment