Friday, January 14, 2022

December 2020

December, we were so excited for you to begin! Setting up Christmas decorations always starts with the tree, and this year we got a real one. We drove the Jeep to pick it up, and the boys helped us pick it out. I love the fresh smell, and it makes all the other decorations feel so right when the tree is up!



Our family photo made it on the tree! I love having family pictures on our tree.


It can't be Christmas without making our dog wear a silly Christmas tree hat!


The first weekend in December I took a group of high school girls to Young Life weekend camp, so Matt planned a camping trip to take the boys to the girl scout camp just down the road from us. They had always wanted to sleep in their 'tree houses'! The boys loved playing at the playground, fishing, making a fire, having s'mores, and sleeping in sleeping bags. Hot dogs over a fire and slingshots? That's a good weekend right there.











The girls I took to camp were mostly new to me, due to some covid quarantine, I only had one girl from my small group that went. She&I made new friends and had a great time together! 




Our everyday: David in his 'mr incredible' onsie with his blanket and his bunny. He loves to snuggle-he definitely has the love language of 'touch' more so than any of the other boys. And James grew taller than Camryn! He has really enjoyed getting closer all the time to becoming taller than the women in the family. You can see him standing next to Grammy later on, haha.


David & Hermione: best buddies! She puts up with a lot.


Of course my youngest would get to play Joseph in the Christmas play at preschool. And I wouldn't be allowed to come watch it in person, or even see his costume in person. I got a Facebook video that I couldn't save. I'm still sad about it, but it was sweet to see.



Aunt Michelle sent cookies and facemarks for Christmas! We had to take a group selfie to send to her with our thanks. Of course the boys liked the baked goods the most.


When your neighbor has a garage sale and you choose a lacrosse helmet, you mom makes you pose for a picture or two with a pool lacrosse stick.


Our new view: sitting on our new couch in our freshly painted & renovated space. We moved the tree to the other corner of the room, since we have the two leather chairs on either side of the fireplace now. And I really like it; my only regret is not seeing the tree as we watch our Christmas movies, how spoiled am I?


Our family picture that we used for our Christmas cards! I love the one of us all so much.


It was a first for us not to take the boys to see Santa, but covid. We didn't do any of our normal Christmas traditions like the Polar Express train or Gingerbread houses or who knows. I think we have done so many different things each year, just for the fun. It strikes me as I look back how we didn't do any pre-christmas activities this year. But Clearly the joy of Christmas wasn't dampened as you look at James' face on Christmas morning. It helped too that their school ran until just a few days before Christmas! The whole holiday season was a bit different, but thank the Lord that he reminds us of what Christmas is really about each time we slow down and count down the days, no matter how different it looks.



Merry Christmas boys!! We were so lucky to have both our parents spend Christmas Eve at our house. Grandpa&Mimi and Grammy&Papa made the morning so much sweeter!


Papa wanted a group picture too, so I snapped these of them, and his picture is below. They look like such stair steps.



Presents!! Everybody got Harding Lane hats in their stockings. Thank you Santa!!


This box was James' Lego Mandalorian Razor Crest. I thought it didn't have the regular lego box, so I didn't open the tape on the outer box. It took him a minute to realize what was inside.


Calvin wanted a real bow, so Daddy went and picked out the perfect one. He got a great deal, and Calvin has become very interested in hunting with it when the time comes. We will see!


Hayden always wants something remote controlled, and this year it was a monster truck shark that could run on water, haha!


"you'll shoot your eye out!" This Christmas my mom and dad bought the boys all red rider BB guns, and it was a big hit! They have enjoyed using them for target practice, and I know it has helped them get to be better at aiming. They were so excited!



David's handwriting was just so sweet, I had to save it in the pictures. 


Daddy got a handmade leather Bible from me! and Mimi got a Dyson stick vacuum from us- I see it sitting next to Matt.


James already working hard on his dinosaur dig.


I attempted to make the cinnamon star that Michelle taught me to make. it turned out pretty good!


James has a new vest on, and all the boys got Ohio State hats from Aunt Cindy & Uncle Robbie. They quickly became their favorite hats.


Ohio State, number 2? or Number 1?


David, Papa, Hayden & puppies!!




The boys snuggling Papa & James showing Grammy how tall he is getting.




Our next stop was down to Mimi&Grandpa's house to celebrate Christmas with their cousins. They were just a little excited.




Evie liked playing with Hermione. Not sure how Hermione felt about it.


What a sweet little crew!!





Family breakfast & then family pictures!


Such a sweet picture of the kids & their silly grandparents!! And a girls only picture!? Who would have thought that would happen in the Prose family.




These guys are doing spy missions for quarters. Making it rain.


We were all together at the right time to celebrate Jack's birthday with him! It was really a treat since we never get to do that normally. Happy 10th birthday Jack!!






Oh Lord, looking back at 2020 was hard. I think because so much changed and grieving the loss of what I wanted seems selfish. We had such an incredible number of things to be thankful for, and not the least of it was not catching covid. We stayed healthy, we spent lots of time together, and we renovated our house in a huge way. All the change, all the upheavals. In 2020 you took such good care of us Lord, I have no reason to complain. I confess that I struggled with anxiety in my lack of control. Forgive me for succumbing to fear of the unknown, and help me to trust that you are good and you do good. Teach me your ways Lord. Help me trust in your plans and not be stuck in my own plans. Help me to hang on to you tightly Lord, always. Especially when it all seems outside of my control. Help us to love you & rejoice in the good gifts you've given. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment