Monday, January 1, 2018

J is for July

Wow. July! I am amazed that I have left half of the year un-blogged, un-recorded.  I feel such sadness as I look at some of these pictures & wonder what we were up to in these moments, because now I don't know.  I'm going to do my best to put back together the second half of 2017 before I dive head first into 2018.

Here goes: July!

Matt&I celebrated our 11th Anniversary with a trip up to see my parents in Atlanta who offered to keep our crew for a night away for us!  We were so thankful for the chance to get away together, explore a new place, enjoy each other's company, and have some quiet time.  We are so grateful for my parents for being brave enough to keep all four boys!


I don't know where in this world I would be if I didn't have this man in my life.  I'm humbled & grateful & absolutely crazy about this handsome husband of mine.  He's been the best gift & I will continue to be amazed by where this life takes us together.


I was the first time we had left all the fellas since David was born, and it was an interesting realization that keeping all four of our sons was now a task not everyone would embrace.  As much as I was taken back by this idea at first, I now feel more understanding.  I see it easier in my own eyes as I watch my fellow mommas of a small crew shepherding their little ones.  I can now appreciate how daunting it may appear from an outside view.  My hope is that for those who have the inside view, that it never seems that way.  Yes busy, yes chaotic, yes loud, yes raucous. BUT they are so much more.  I'm so grateful for the few who are present for us that can recognize how valuable my boys are.


I still do some book reviews, and this one was lovely!  Sharie King's new book I Love You More was a joy & a pleasure to read.  It was full of relatable ways which our life revolves around us & how we can redirect our lives to revolving around Jesus.  Nothing is wasted y'all; everything in this life is meaningful & can be dedicated to our Lord!


My littles crack me up!  Calvin & his hat&headphones like such a big kid.  David flopping down on Daddy's back watching cartoons and stealing Daddy's hat in the front yard.  These two keep me entertained, thats for sure!


We took our older two to camp for a week at Word Of Life camp!  Matt grew up with this camp in his backyard, so it is very special to his whole family for that reason and many more.  Grandpa caught a 10 lbs bass while he was fishing with Matt one morning, and the boys had the best week sleeping over at Grandpa&Mimi's house & going to camp with their cousin Jack.  These boys both had a little bit of stomach bug, and Mimi&Grandpa get all the super star grandparent points for taking such good care of these boys so they could finish their week.


y'all: Chamblin's Book Mine. all the heart eyes.  I bought nothing.  But I enjoyed the smell & the view.


We needed back to school shoes, so we hit up the mall.  This little bus is the only ride where all my kiddos can pile in together, so I end up paying a dollar for them to go nuts for about 2 minutes.  David was absolutely loving it.  Well spent money.


And we found shoes!  Don't worry, I did find shoes that matched in Calvin's size.  He wanted them, not me. But these faces?  Seriously, take a closer look.  Priceless!


No words for this.  Just all the feelings.  Those trees in the windows; these bookend boys of mine; their pajamas; this playroom full of endless games. So beautiful & peaceful in this image.


Hayden lost his first tooth!!!  He had been waiting for this day, and finally!  Just before his 6th birthday he finally lost it.  


Happy 6th Birthday Hayden!!!!  We went bowling for his special day.  This fella is an absolute joy.  He is fiercely competitive, naturally athletic, a wild man, but still has the biggest heart.  We adore you Hayden!  It was super fun to celebrate you!


When your birthday party isn't on your actual birthday, you get extra cake!!


Hayden wanted this 'submarine' to drive in the pool with a remote control, and he got it!  Mind you, its a boat, but he wasn't disappointed.


A few of the books on my nightstand this July...


Sometimes, even the cheap flowers brighten up the room in a way I never expected. The Lord's graciousness to me.


For Matt's birthday, the boys & I got his a drone!  He had always wanted one of them, and he loved it.  Sadly, we took it to the beach with us right after Hayden's party & it got lost in the ocean!  It was super fun while it lasted!


A little slumber party in his new bedroom!  Both beds set up & I love it.



Hayden's Lego Batman birthday Party!



Parties will wear you out....


Off we went to the beach!  Matt gave me my wish: just a quiet beach house & good food to eat.  My sister Michelle came down to celebrate Hayden's birthday, and she was able to come with us for a night to the beach!  It was lovely to have more time together.  Her boyfriend was the best sport! He came along for all the fun.


Love my silly sister.


My hubs+his little men.


These boys loved eating at this restaurant: Aunt Kate's because they could go hunting for crabs after they finished eating.  Another reason to love the beach, as if we needed one.


Cloudy or not, we were out in the surf!


Especially David...







So much beauty at the beach; I just keep clicking away... and who knows what Calvin&I are doing!







Keep the pics coming of my sons in the sand & my pretty sis.  Yes.  I love when the pictures don't need any words to speak to my heart.





Thank you Lord for a month full of celebrations & vacations.  Thank you for the time we spent together & the time we spent with family.  Thank you for your provision for us & how you carry us through this life.  Thank you for the opportunity to go back & count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment