Wednesday, August 23, 2017

M if for March

Oh March! You were are lifetime ago... and yet, here I am.  Coming back to remember & enjoy these glimpses into our world, in these moments captured in a frame.

My little sweet David, just barely over one year old.  You started walking & pushing your brother Hayden around on this little Lightening McQueen car which made everyone laugh!  Your big brothers think it is so great that you will push them, and you think it is so fun!  It was great practice, because you started walking solo just a days later.  Weeks later you were full.blown.independent.


So much independence comes with learning to walk.  You started feeding yourself, you started showing us what you wanted.  Your little personality was easier to see as you tried to communicate your needs&wants.  You are still the most adorable little guy, and your brothers absolutely adore you!
Mommy cannot get enough of your beautiful face, and when we eat breakfast together, the light is just perfect.


Well, the day has already come.  My four boys ate an entire large cheese pizza themselves.  In one sitting.  At dinner.  David ate more pizza than Calvin.  It was a hilarious moment of realization for me to think of how many pizzas we will be buying when the boys are teenagers!  haha!  4 or 5? just for one meal?!?  I guess we will see one day!


Hayden, I don't think I ever would have known how tender, loving, and compassionate you are if we hadn't had David.  Having him around has brought out such beautiful qualities in you as you help take care of him.  You are always sweet&kind, which of course you aren't always with your other brothers! haha.  But David?  He is so special to you, and you just melt my heart overtime you look out for him, protect him, or serve him in some way.  I'm so proud of you!


James, you made this picnic for us all in the driveway one day.  You made all the sandwiches yourself (!),  you set out all the places & the food.  You got drinks & the blanket.  You even cleaned up everything!  It was the best- we had such fun with your activity.  You made everyone's day!


This picture of the boys&me waiting outside Grumpy's diner for lunch after church one Sunday is the best.  You can so easily see what our life looks like in all the boys' faces.  James is goofy, Hayden is making his mad/scary face, Calvin is just sweet copy-catting, and David is in my lap.  Thank you Lord for the smile on my face, and I hope it is a true reflection of what my boys see in their momma- a super lucky person to have all of them in my life!  I enjoy them more than they will every know.  (but lets be honest too- they do wear me out!)



David has started joining in with the boys on whatever they're doing these days.  I love how the boys do like to be together, playing or whatever.  They are happy together & interested in what the others are doing.  It is so fun for me to know that they truly do enjoy each other's company, even when they aren't always kind to one another.  I hope one day they will be able to recognize what a gift it is to have brothers!


The Gate River Run 2017!  I love running this race, and this year I got to do it with my sweet friend Stephanie.  It was a tough run for me, and I barely made my goal of under 1:30min, but I tried to be content by reminding myself that I am only racing myself.  I hope I can keep it up for many years to come!


My rock star friends & Lisa who pushed herself this whole race- even up the Green Monster!! (Hart Bridge).  I am truly in awe of that!  I could barely run up it!


The boys tried out Clay County Soccer Club this year, and we all loved it!  Even though they had to play on two different teams, which meant it was a lot more time&events, it was great.  The coaching was awesome & the environment was positive.  We will be back!  I loved watching them play.


Hannah&I got to go down to the Rifle Paper Side walk sale & even meet the artist who creates their beautiful designs!  Annie Rifle Bond was releasing a new Florida print, and she signed mine!! I love taking this time away with my dear friend & just talking without interruption.  The best.


The boys, all together, playing Lego duplos.  I love how close in proximity they get sometimes!! It cracks me up & makes my heart feel so full.


Calvin dear, your 3s have been such a breeze.  You are just a happy kiddo, unless your brothers hit you or you don't get your way.  You just make life more fun!  These glasses & your sweet giggles are just the best.


For Spring Break, we drove up to Atlanta to see the girls in their 101 Dalmatian puppies show at their school!  It was a little musical show, and we all loved it!  We almost won for furthest drive to attend! haha.  It is always great to see my sweet nieces; they are getting so grown up & so lovely!


To finish off our Spring Break, we took an early beach trip when the weather was nice enough.  David was all about the beach!  He absolutely loved it, and we could not keep this baby out of the water! haha.  True Florida boy.



The boys & I drove James down to meet his grandparents for his 7th birthday trip the last few days of Spring Break.  He was so excited to go to Legoland with them!  All the boys look forward to these trips every year; it means so much to them!



We love getting to go play at the beach.  It is the one place where the kids can do all the 'happy screaming' they want, and I cannot hear it!!  It feels like such a retreat for me, even though it isn't 'relaxing' specifically.  Being outside, being able to look at the water, hearing the ocean, seeing all the birds, playing in the waves, digging in the sand.  Other than clean up when its time to go, it is just the best.  My favorite place to play.




I cannot even tell you what we were doing this day.  But I love it.  My boys, all in the 'game' of their own creation.  Outside under the beautiful trees & breathing the fresh air.  I always revel in their outside play.  It makes me feel so good as a mom that they love movies&video games, but they love playing outside.  I love playing outside too!


One of my favorite spots in our home when the light pours through this window & reminds me to be thankful for our home, sweet home.  I'm so grateful I found a place that the snake plant will live & start to thrive, and the addition of plants in my home has brought me so much joy.  I feel peaceful just looking at this image, and that is how I want my home to feel for my family: peaceful & full of life.  A dichotomy!


My sweet kiddo was 'citizen of the month' in his kindergarten class! Can you spot him?


James loves setting up 'play' with many different kinds of toys.  Honestly, I don't know how to play 'the right way' when he asks, but I love seeing what he makes.  I love taking pictures of them too; the angles are so much fun.


Ok y'all.  I take all four of my boys shopping, relatively often.  This picture of all four of them riding&pushing just made me laugh!!  I couldn't help myself.


Ah, the quiet space to write&plan.  I wrote a talk to give to Young Life girls encouraging them to trust the Lord in His call to remain celibate till marriage.  Give it a read here at my writing blog.


Father, Thank you.  Thank you for the time to sit down with these images of our life & remember all the gifts you have given.  Thank you for the growth I get to see in all my children as they change.  Thank you for the opportunity to remember what we are doing with these days in the simple act of writing & organizing pictures.  I pray these posts are a blessing to my sons when they are grown; I pray that they would be able to see how much their momma loves you Lord.  I pray that they would be able to see how much their momma loves them.  I pray they would be able to see how active you are in our lives Lord, when we pay attention.  when we listen for your voice.  Thank you!  Thank you for all the ways you are present with us.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment