Thursday, August 15, 2013

give.good.gifts.

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
Matthew 7:11


To give good gifts.  I have this goal for my children - that I would be able to give them good gifts.  There are so many ways in this life that I can choose to bless my children.  To give my best in cleaning my house, yes.  To cook good food for them, yes.  To allow the mess that comes in creativity & normal play time, yes.  To let them use the play doh, no.  I mean yes.  ;-)  


To move to be near family, YES.  To give them the opportunity to make memories, our Lord is so gracious, yes.  


Oh so.many.days. being at home with my children feels hard.  But, then I think of how different my life could be if I had to work, and I can't help but feel grateful for the struggle.  I am so glad to give them the gift of myself - although that gift doesn't seem that good most days if I'm honest!  But then I crawled into bed with James for snuggles during a thunderstorm & heard his breathing change to slow&easy.  Oh Lord, who am I - that my presence would calm&soothe.  Lord, that is your grace to me because I don't deserve it.


I want to give good gifts.  The tangible, yes.  But moreover, the intangible.  Lord, your gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment