Friday, February 11, 2011

Some Gatlinburg love

We love Gatlinburg, TN.  Yes, yes I know its a terribly commercial place filled to the MAX with people at all times (except, we discovered, when its cold AND raining), but it holds some seriously special memories for me, and as much as I hate to admit it, I love Gatlinburg.

You may be wanting to ask me, recommendations?? Well, here you go:  The Pancake House with all the team flags hanging from the ceiling, sitting by the fire eating pancakes is awesome.  The Crossroads Winter Conference held in Jan every year is awesome (where Matt and I met actually).  The Smoky Mountains are awesome.  The Fudge is awesome.  The Donut Frier is awesome.  The shopping is entertaining, and taking Old Tyme Photos is actually hilarious, especially as a family.  We just checked out Ripley's believe it or not and the Aquarium this year and those were pretty fun.  The Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge, oh my, awesome.  The Christmas store scares me to death!! haha, but awesome.  The outlet mall is pretty awesome.  So there you have it: food, shopping, entertainment, more food.

I was just looking through the pictures we have, and we normally always take a photo during our 'Prose Family Ski Trip' which ends the week of skiing in Gatlinburg for some good food and fun.  We always take it in front of this fountain.  Here are some of my favorite shots from the last few years.

Gatlinburg 2009 - my totally hot hubby. :-)  Our fire fighter and high school teacher days, good times.


Not a surprise from the Prose boys


Gatlinburg 2010 - James was about a month and a half old.  So much fun.


Gatlinburg 2011 - 3 generations of Prose boys


My hubby, looking just as hot as 2009 :-)  But, now he has a super cute little 1 year old boy in his arms, sooo there is no comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment