Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Octoberrrrr

October 2019, the days we wish were Fall in Florida, but are still 90 degrees, haha. I spent this whole month teaching everyday, and Camryn kept the boys for me. Our sweet baby kitty decided to stay with us, and we were so glad! She did run away one time, and for about 24 hours we were all really, really sad. James was angry with me, because he blamed me for losing her. Clearly, we had all fallen in love with our sweet baby kitty. We decided to change James' bedroom furniture from the set I had as a girl, to a more masculine one. It was hard to send that bed to my in-laws house, but I am so thankful for a new dresser that is working much better for James, and for a new bed that matches it. I should say new-to-us bed, because of course we found an amazing deal on craigslist, haha.



Fall Rifle Paper Co sale with my favorite, Hannah!! Ironically, it was the last one I've been to. Good thing I stocked up on all my favorites! 


Matt bought a set of symphony tickets at the auction for Jacksonville Young Life, and we chose to go to the Harry Potter showing! It was honestly so much fun, and the best way to take kids to the symphony. The live music was absolutely beautiful, and they had the movie to watch, so even David sat through the whole thing without complaint.


Daddy did let them chose a treat at intermission, and who even knows what kind of sugar ice concoction was in those cups, ew!



Testing out our new matching Christmas jammies. I picked these because they will be great all winter. You can never go wrong with buffalo check.


Sadly, I didn't get to go with David for his pumpkin patch field trip because I was working. I missed a few field trips during the 3 months I was teaching. But luckily for him, Camryn was happy to go with him, and she did a great job of taking some pictures to share with me. I did miss having Thursdays and Fridays with my buddy David!


Calvin's soccer team.



Young Life weekend camp 2019!! I got to go with the senior girls from SJCDS where I was working, and it was really such a treat to spend time with them. I was so happy to have that final chance to be together before they graduated.



My girl Claire, Delaney, and me posting up at the Screamer. My first time riding it!









The sweetest girls!!




Love Victoria and love our Clay County leaders.


Matt&I try to take the boys to club the Monday night after weekend camp, especially if one of us has gone. It lets them join in the fun and see what their parents are doing when we go away. They LOVE going and want to join in as much as we let them. And of course who wouldn't be proud of their daddy with that pretty red guitar on stage? haha, it was perfect timing this year because it was costume club! We took our robbers and swat team.











My girls and the INCREDIBLE pixar lamp!


Elementary school costume parade!




Happy Halloween!!





  Thank you Lord for all the sweet traditions. It truly is humbling to look back at all we normally do, and see again with fresh eyes where our time and energy goes. Thank you for the ways you allow us to serve our community and high schoolers specifically. Thank you for our fantastic kids and how you bless us with sports and a great school and so much fun for them. I pray their childhood memories will be so full of the good, that the scars they will inevitably carry will be healed in the light of how their childhood was captured in the frames. I pray these memory books bless them for years and years, and they can hold onto their memories better than I ever could. Thank you Lord for equipping me with the time and desire to pour into the pages. You are so good God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment