Saturday, January 2, 2021

Julyyyyy



July 2019 was a magical month. We visited Rome, Italy for the first time. Our boys went to Word of Life Camp. David had grandparents camp while his brothers were at camp. I took my high school girls to Young Life's Carolina Point summer camp. We threw a Mario birthday party for Hayden. Our family had beach vacation on the gulf to celebrate Matt's 40th birthday. So many pictures...so many memories.


     Matt&I spent our 13th Anniversary on an overnight flight from NY to Morocco! We woke up to French breakfast, chocolate bread and a latte. I was so grateful! We made it to Rome by the end of our Anniversary, got to see the Coliseum lit up in the sunset and had our first real Italian meal. You can see Matt's was the better choice, but mine was good too, haha.




We took lots of tours of the city, and they were all good. The tour through the coliseum with our 'mary poppins' was really cool to see- all the 'rings' and arches. It was really beautiful. But seeing it lit at night on our night tour was really beautiful. 






We went walking through the rest of town, and took in the sites! Ended up on top of the 'glory of Rome' building (I made that name up). It was really cool to see the juxtaposition of the really really old and the new. incredible.
















We ended our day with dinner and getting taken by an African street salesman. He 'gave us these for free' and then asked for money, haha. We got taken, but we wore our bracelets for the rest of our trip to tell the others that we had already been had. haha! It worked! Next morning, we got to go to the Vatican museums, but our tour didn't tell me I had to have my knees covered, so I got taken again buying a bandana to tie around my waist & cover my knees.





I really looked forward to seeing the 'Pieta' and the Sistine Chapel, but both were anti-climatic. I couldn't take any pictures of the Sistine Chapel, but there were so many people, and the ceiling was really high with no windows. You couldn't really appreciate it. The Pieta was in St. Peter's basilica but it was behind glass and so far away, I couldn't hardly appreciate it at all. It was disappointing- same as the Mona Lisa in the Louve. But was amazing was how BIG the church was and how beautiful. It was truly incredible. 






We did throw our coins in the Trevi Fountain, so we can go back again one day!



We took a walking food tour which was LOVELY. We met the sweetest people from all over the world, ate the best food we had the whole week, and had a really great time. Check out my affagato! Delicious. Matt at the fountain at the bottom of the Spanish Steps.



We had the best time together-what a great way to celebrate. We flew back to NY and stayed the night next to Central Park. That was my first time in NY, and I wanted to take a walk in the park before we flew back to FL.








The boys had a great week at Word of Life camp, and David had a great time with his cousin Max at Mimi&Grandpa's house. Loved seeing the pictures of them on the camp page.









We finally made it home to our puppy, and we hardly recognized her! She was so shaggy and big! She did great at puppy school.



Love seeing all our little boys piled in our bed. David, who didn't want to be handsome for Anna Marie's wedding! haha.


I got the incredible experience of taking my OP girls to Young Life camp for the first time! It was an awesome week filled with SO much fun and so much Jesus. Our camp speaker was really great. Our camp musician John Jackson was on fire. My cabin experienced a true movement of the Lord-I know his presence was felt by all, even if they didn't know what it was.











Paddleboard, camp games, jumping off the platform at the Lake, Go Karting, Mountain bikes, Archery tag, the big anti gravity ball, Louis Wonton (the villian) in his hampster fur jacket. And then Mary Beth goes and wins us the Golden Glove!! Amazing.


Square dance and carnival, and yes I got dunked in the dunk tank and pied in the face.




Camp hike & the view.






And who will ever forget 'camp out sneak out'?? Not me, that's for sure.




Group pics for the final night!







LOVED my cabin girls sooooo much!!


My buddy Hayden turned 8!! He got a new bike and had a Mario birthday party with all his buddies. We love you so much Hayden!






Mimi made you such an incredible cake, actually two! The comping flower is cake too!








Happy happy birthday to our buddy!!! We left for the beach on your actual birthday, so you got a candle and a donut in the morning! and we all took funny pictures with your mario props, haha!




We drove down to Fort Myers Beach, and we had a really great time together. We got a house right on the Gulf, and it was different from what we were used to. It was incredibly beautiful!!


You can't beat this view. 





These dudes didn't have much surf to play in, but they sure looked cool.







Happy Happy birthday Matt!!







It was a beautiful day to turn 40!! Vacation shirt time!





That's the kind of sunset I'm talking about. Happy birthday darling husband of mine. You are treasured and celebrated.



We took a family fishing trip with the boys, got all outfitted at the columbia store to keep us from sunburn, and set off!















We honestly went really far! You can see the blue dot to the location on the map- so fun!


David: vacation mode.


Famous cinnamon roll place that only takes cash: worth it.




Eating the fish we caught the day before. Yummy!



Family selfie!! Love their faces in this picture. All that was missing was the pikachu hat.


















Lord how can I not be overwhelmed by your goodness? Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have given more than I can hold. I am grateful for this one life. May I continue to serve you with it, faithfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment