Friday, January 12, 2024

Yes February!

February, ever since David was born you have come with the rush of excitement that surrounds birthday celebrations. But before the craziness began, I found this adorable egg holder for my kitchen, and I think I was day dreaming about what it would be like to have chickens, because I still do not hardly ever use this. When you buy your eggs from the store, you just don't leave them out on the counter unless your baking, and I never need a whole dozen. But it is darn cute! Maybe one day I'll have chickens.


Wrapping up the boys gifts is so much fun for me. This time I wrote how old the boys' would be, and my poor momma heart just couldn't really handle how quickly the time is stacking up. This hasn't gotten any easier as time marches on. 



Hip Hip Hooray!! It's your birthday David!


Who can think about eating when there are presents to open!? haha, David was ready to open them all.





I found a video of David opening his last gift of his birthday, and it was Hayden calling his brand-new-to-him (hand-me-down) phone! haha, ironically, when I started asking him what he wanted for his birthday, he said a phone, and I laughed. Then low and behold, here we were giving him one. It's nothing but a wifi enabled glorified mini iPad to him, but it being his has made him feel grown up like his big brothers. One day he will get a 'real' one with a phone number and all, but for now, his birthday wish came true. A phone for my 6 year old- someone help me. ha!!


Ok, now we can light your candle and sing for Breakfast. When your birthday party isn't on the same day as your party, the gifts and the cake are really the best parts. I love all these funny faces he's making in this pictures.



Happy 6th birthday to my precious, firecracker fourth son. You make life so much more fun David, and you are so smart that it's really blown my mind. I can't wait to see what you do with this life you've been given!


But while you are six, you might as well be spiderman. Gosh, play costumes are like legit these days.


I got a beautiful pair of Rifle Paper Co embroidered shoes, and I made lots and lots of these pink paper hearts for David's kindergarten class. Having fun shoes really does make your day better.



We took David to Legoland for his birthday, but also because all the boys really enjoyed it! They are at the age just before they can enjoy the bigger roller coasters, and Legoland is great for these earlier years. We had never stayed at Legoland before, so we took the plunge, and it was an experience! We had an absolute blast, and the boys would go back any day.



We ran into some sweet friends from school! It was such a great coincidence. We did a few rides together, and played on the Lego dinosaur that they shouldn't have climbed on.




This water spout made of Lego was such a cool photo; we did take quite a few.





We had dinner at the hotel and got to enjoy the bunkbeds and puzzles in the room. It was worth doing once!



Our second day started out with photo bombers; you just can't take Hayden anywhere. haha!



We had to stop for more pictures with the cool Lego statues and ride a few rides in this Lego movie section we had never been in before.









We got really lucky and were able to do a Lego robot building class! The boys all built the little bot and got to program them to do some simple tricks. We wished we could buy one of these for Calvin to play with, but they don't sell these anymore. Such a cute little guy.





Flowers, and my main squeeze, and my sweet pup. Happy Valentine's Day!


I really loved this card that I gave my YL girls, so I snapped a picture. I think I was saving it to make sure I could write a couple more the next day, but I'm so glad it got saved. I think its a beautiful prayer/meditation to consider how the Lord feels about us, and it is a meaninful one to do on Valentine's day.


Hayden got to participate in Colonial Day for his 5th grade class. (James didn't get to because of covid). They had a great time doing some different crafts and dressing up. Hayden loved the 'cats cradle'.




Our goofy pup playing with our cat who got brave and wandered in the kitchen.


It's birthday party time for David! The trampoline park was his request, and all the kids had a great time. Our little spiderman got an amazing cake from his Mimi, and we found the funny spiderman balloon at the party store. How funny was our balloon buckled up in the car, ha!










The boys are trying to teach their grandparents how to play their nintendo switches. So funny!


David really wanted the Miles Morales spiderman suit, so he decided to get one with his birthday money. I think these costumes were his everyday uniform for months.



Just a little bit abnormal to see my cat walking down the top of the fence. What in the world!


Can't stop. Won't stop. and I am here for it. He's so darn cute, ha!


I got to celebrate a couple of my friends' birthdays at the end of the month. It is fun to leave surprises and make sweet treats to celebrate.


We finished out the month with a soccer tournament. Hayden playing defense and doing some awesome throw ins and slide tackles. It's so fun to watch this team play!


Hayden and his best buddy Noah. Love these two!


Lord thank you for birthdays to celebrate and friends who make it all the days sweeter. Thank you for soccer and spiderman and Legoland. It is so much easier to count all the gifts you give when looking at the pictures. It helps me remember so much more than I would otherwise. Lord, keep reminding me of how you never let me down. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment