Monday, January 1, 2024

hello November

November began with me buying these funny little succulents for the boys when I just couldn't say no. Honestly, I never would have gone through with it all, but I loved the little triceratops so much, I just had to say yes to the dachshund. 



James won a reading award for his 6th grade class, and I do love celebrating the big and small moments that our boys can be proud of what they accomplish.


Anthony signed up for a long term deployment with the Florida National Guard Reserves, and this was the last picture the boys took with him before he left. It was a hard thing to watch him go, but it makes me grateful in a new way for the men and women who serve in our military.


David did a project on his Dad when he was a firefighter. This is his little collage that he made with some help from his daddy.


Me, Jamison and Isabelle. These girls are some of the best!


A little school shout out for Hayden who was an all star safety patrol.


Sitting in my living room and watching Madeline star in a musical as Elsa!?! She did such a beautiful job, but I regretted not watching it live. It was so hard to really see her face because of the clarity. I could tell it was her when she was talking though. We were so proud of you Madeline!


Fall school pictures: the one and only year all in the same school. These are some classics.



Once again, my birthday rolled around! I love getting a piece of cake at Biscotti's and going to hunt for shark's teeth on the beach. Good friends joined me for both, and I am so grateful for their company and love!




The ice cream cake tradition and the wild birthday singing that is known to happen in the Prose house. If you know, you know.



That 38th birthday when my buddy Calvin made me a DJ helmet and a turn table.


Counting those gifts daily - all the ways the Lord gives good things and provides when I ask and when I don't. He gives waaaay more in the latter category.


My girls, Jamison and Emerson sitting at my kitchen table for campaigners. And another pumpkin cold brew coffee.


End of the season for David's soccer team! The best part: his buddies from church on his team. Cole, Sam, and David. They had a great time playing together.






Isabelle posted this of me, and it gave me a lump in my throat. It is an honor to do something that matters with your time and energy. So much of our lives do actually matter, in ways we just don't quite see.


Campaingers Friends-giving!





My girls & I going to weekend camp! There is almost nothing like the experience of weekend camp (or week long camp). Being able to go as a volunteer leader is really amazing!







Southwind, you were something special.


We took a trip to see Grammy and Papa on their farm just before Thanksgiving. James got to hunt with Matt and my Dad, and he shot his first deer! We got to meet Papa's birthday cat, Blaze. 











James built a cow jaw bone walking stick, and lots of fun was had around the farm.









Papa even gave tractor rides!



The boys got an early Christmas present: Lego Advent Calendars! They were all really excited, but especially James.



We went down to Tampa to celebrate Thanksgiving with Mimi and Grandpa, and Mike and Natassja's family came too. The boys made little candy turkeys. Mimi always has fun crafts!




I honestly don't know what these are, but they look like Christmas Crackers. The boys are super cute all lined up together!



We decided to take some family pictures outside in their backyard. The light was beautiful, even though it was backlit.






This is the smolder face. Think Tangled.





And as soon as Calvin said the word, Mimi made time for a painting project.



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, but we are always so excited for Christmas time to begin! For us is usually starts with getting our Christmas tree.


I do love how David's room looked when we had both beds set up for him! Its so sweet looking.


My assistant soup chef, but what I really mean is taste tester.


Christmas tree being put up can only mean one thing: time to have hot chocolate! These little trader joes cookies are a favorite in our house, and they make hot chocolate seem a little sad without one of these sitting in the whip cream.


Wow, another one done. Lord you have given me so much energy to accomplish this goal, and I am so thankful. Help me to keep it going! Help me to give this good gift to my boys. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment