Tuesday, September 3, 2019

October 2018!

Oh October, how we always wish you would bring Fall to us in Florida! But sadly, you don't. I keep expecting you to usher in the chill, but the most we ever really get is a cool Saturday morning for watching our boys play whatever sport they are in. We will take what we can get, and we wait patiently for January when it actually becomes 'sweater weather' for a few days in a row.

October began with the most delicious chocolate cake ever- Joanna Gaines' chocolate chip bundt cake. I cannot remember if I've told this story, or if this was the first time I made it, but I bought the recipe card at the Magnolia bakery because it was beautiful. I got it home and waited a bit before I even tried it, but when I did!! It became my new favorite cake & my campaigner girls' & Matt's campaigner guys' & our kids' favorite. IT IS DELICIOUS.


Hannah & I took our crew of kiddos to the Jax Zoo for a fun day. Their twins are so much fun, and my boys love playing with them. David, JoJo, & Joshy are gonna be buddies for a long time I hope!




The boys went with me for an OP swim meet at the YMCA one evening. Their buddies from Matt's campaigner group were swimming for senior night, and it was fun to take them along to watch & cheer! They have been really the best 'contact work' buddies, and I hope my boys learn to show up for their friends and for one another as we set this example. Making people a priority in your day is a sacrifice, but it has ALWAYS been worth it. I am continuously surprised by what the Lord does when I step out into what feels uncomfortable.


My favorite Fall activities: Cinnotti's pumpkin donuts & the Rifle Paper Side walk sale! My bestie Hannah & I sneak away for an evening in Orlando for the sale & dinner. We stock up on birthday cards for the year, but the best part is the time together! (I had to mention the pumpkin donuts because I am so looking forward to them again this year! haha)


Yes, we even swim into October in northern Floria. It is the best part of having hot weather in the Fall. Maybe the only good part? haha!


Our Young Life Fall Banquet this year came with a silent auction. My contribution was a No Scent bundle in an ammo box & a Cabela's gift card. I am so proud of my parents for all their hard work in their new business! Mrs. Yvette & I were twinning so we had to snap a pic! I think you wore it better Yvette! Our Young Life club kids that helped serve the dinner!! Love this group so much.



Our boys: always a different block castle. Always cuddled up around the iPad together. I love how they spend their time with one another.


I got to chaperone Calvin's Kindergarten field trip to a local farm! His class had an absolute blast, and Calvin loved everything. This favorite was this ride that flipped him upside down- what a dare devil!




Young Life Club! Matt giving an awesome talk during club & our favorite senior guys!! These three are special because they've been coming to club since we started two years ago. Getting to spend their junior and senior year with them was an incredible blessing & joy for not only Matt, but also for me & our boys. They absolutely love these guys.


This Fall we tried Flag Football. It was not our sport. I'm all for trying something new but I think this particular league & sport was an overall flop for us. At least we had our good friends to spend the time with! Love the Hinton family. David loved all their attention & ate it up!





All three boys got the earn the 'player of the game' medal on the same day, last day! They were looking forward to it the entire season, and they were so happy!





At least they made these uniforms look good!! haha!



The precious Wests moved into their new house & we got to spend an evening brining them dinner & having a picnic in their new yard. We love y'all!!



One of my favorite things is a cool evening under twinkle lights. Thank you Lord for the weather & St. Augustine & Harry's  & Matt Prose for treating us all.


Group pumpkin pic: Success! haha!



Every year, we try to get our family pictures done before the change of daylight savings. This year we made it happen at the end of October- win! Not my favorite picture of our fellas, but they don't ever take a bad one. Love these guys & love marking each year with a new family picture.

Thank you Joleen Haas Photography!














Oh my favorite!! The Elementary school Halloween parade! (story book parade to be technically correct, ha!)



Daddy found the boys a snake in the yard while mowing. They took turns holding it & having their picture taken. Momma did not hold the snake.



Zara got to come home with us for a bit after school on Halloween! Loved our group pic!


My Pokemon crew! I cannot even with these guys; I love this picture.


David had been pretending to shoot his 'lighting tail, so I suggested they have a 'battle' thinking the boys would 'pretend' to use their powers on each other. Oh no, they decided it would be better to use their buckets during their 'battle'. Mom fail! hahaha!



One of the best parts of Halloween: going to our sweet neighbors houses. Mrs. Sharon we love you!!!


Thank you Lord for an October full of lovely memories. Thank you for our dear friends that make life so much more fun. Thank you for Young Life & our neighbors & the Wests. Thank you for beautiful weather & for all kinds of fun in sports & school & holidays. Thank you for time we get to spend together, for our lovely home, for your provision for all we need. Thank you for the abundance you give us & for the opportunities to share it and give it away. Thank you Lord for this one life. Please give us your wisdom to live it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment