Thursday, October 22, 2015

Day 22: When I give my son's teacher credit...

     I have been so incredibly proud of my son lately.  I love helping him with his homework because I feel like I get a little glimpse into his world of school.  I love seeing his progress & improvements.  I love celebrating his small accomplishments & watching him learn to read words.  I love seeing him in the focus of study & seeing his creativity.

   We send little notes in all our boys' lunch boxes everyday; it was a tradition started by my sweet hubs.  They love it.  This year, I've tried to be intentional about speaking encouragement though the notes & telling them we are proud & they are loved.  James decided his past week to write his daddy a note, and then an encore note was written for me.  :-)  He wanted his daddy to take it with him to work, and it said "James loves Daddy".  Yesterday, my boy wanted to write my note, and he decided on, "Mom love James.  I love you so much."  He used his sight words 'you' and 'so' and 'I'.  He was incredibly proud of himself, and so am I.

    I am so thankful for the hard work of his teacher.  I am so happy to give her credit for his first quarter progress in reading & writing.  I know his comfort at school is improving, and he is learning how to adapt to the new, high expectations.  I have confidence that although sometimes it may not be perfectly fair for him to get the blame in some situations, it is appropriate.  I have confidence that she is not only helping him learn the rules, but also teaching the whole class at the same time.  I am so grateful for all she does, and I'm excited to watch him grow.

Blessings,
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment