Thursday, May 1, 2014

April in Review...

April has brought me more sunrises.  Slow starts to the day that let me wade in versus being jolted into perpetual motion.  Thank you Lord for the slowness & changing beauty of a sunrise.


My adorable Hayden bug being such a loving big brother.  fits him like a glove, except when he's tugging Calvin around by the foot, "sorry baby!"  The life of a 2.yr.old big brother is tough!


Our 3 all playing dinosaurs together.  This one truly warms my heart, and makes me excited to see what other things in life they'll enjoy doing together.  I'm inspired to start praying now that their bond as siblings would bless them throughout their lives, as mine have, but even more.


These faces, growing up!  My baby faced, toddler faced, & preschooler faced boys.


We had the privilege this month of celebrating the upcoming nuptials of my brother in law, which brought together all the Prose boys from our side.  I'm so excited to welcome our newest nephew this summer, and add one more boy to this photo!!  As well as add one more Mrs. Prose to our numbers as well... ;-)  But this group of guys, is one that means legacy to me, and to my sons.  My sons & my husband & the men in their lives (besides my own Dad).  What an awesome blessing.


My handsome love with our baby boy!  Can't believe our baby is getting so big.


Everybody wants to sit by Calvin.


For the wedding shower, I made some mason jar decorations to serve as the holders for date night suggestions!  My personal fav?  Date to a sunrise or a hike in the mountains.  Yes, yes!  Matt was the crafty genius behind the personalized corn hole set for the couple to use at their reception.  I was really impressed with how it came out, and his time & energy was well spent!


My mother in law always outdoes herself with the special touches & creative ideas for any kind of occasion, and this one was no exception!  She make homemade jellies & then gave a tutorial with Kelsey as her assistant.  The most touching part of the shower was all the 'wedding advice' given by the women in our family, from Matt's Nana through even me!  It was an honor & blessing to be the least senior member of the family, but I'll be losing that status in May...  Kelsey & I were able to help create these little flower arrangements in the milk jugs from Mrs. Teresa's tutorial, a labor of love for sure!  Looking forward to the wedding bells coming soon...


We have just now grabbed Hayden's attention for story time.  It seems like he may be rounding that corner of too-excited-and-disinterested to actually paying attention for stories & sitting in our laps.  Maybe he has a hook hand, maybe not. ;-)  but check out his light hair!


We have put a lot of effort into our garden & yard, but somethings we just can't take credit for.  These Irises are just stunning & I'm praying we end up with a bed full of them one year!


April brought us through a car wreck for Matt, which totaled his vehicle, and sent us on the hunt for another.  We were so fortunate to have wonderful support from my parents in our car search & are glad to have Matt on the mend & now situated in a new-to-us car.


Prepping for Calvin's 1st birthday party sent me scrubbing our brick outside (yes) and on the war path to get our white trim finished in our sunroom, which included two sets of double doors.  We had the party with our project just shy of complete, but at least we finished our party decorations & had the rest of our home ready for our guests!  This picture of me painting/watching my kiddos out the window is them playing 'frozen' outside, haha.


One other recent discovery was my old 'where's waldo' book from when I was a girl.  I loved this book.  I read it dozens of times.  I loved these kind of things, and so does James.  I showed him & this was the first time he's sat still with one book for at least an hour during quiet time.  The concentration was amazing!  These books are hard by the way & he's only 4.


Warmer weather has reunited us with popsicles in the driveway & prepping for swimming season!  We did take a plunge in the pool (James & Matt & Hayden did), and Calvin & I stuck in our toes.  But overall its still a bit cool to swim.  We're counting down the days but enjoying our spring.


Beach pass purchased & really excited about spending more time this summer now that our baby is 1 & will hopefully handle these trips easier.  There is no 'bad' beach trip to me.  I told Matt, I will never had a bad time at the beach; the ocean just soothes me I think.





and the views from where I sit at the beach are just amazing.  Thank you Lord for April, and all that it has brought us.

No comments:

Post a Comment