Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cake. James had his and ate it too.

We were so blessed to celebrate James' first birthday with all our friends up in Hickory this past weekend.  The reason it was so special to us was that not only did we get to celebrate James, but we got to celebrate Anna Kate too!!  They have spent their whole first year together, and it was so much fun to see how much they have changed. Wow. one year goes by fast.

First off, Kelly did an amazing job hosting this party.  It was a house FULL of little ones, and she was so kind to have us!  Check our her blog about their sweet family at The Webb's.

Second, my boy had a great time.  As you can see here.


My favorite moment of the whole party was: cake time.  I had been hoping and crossing my fingers that he would just tear into his little cup cake, and I was not disappointed.  On the contrary, Anna Kate showed James how to politely refuse, not that he took any notes.  So, forgive my indulgence, but here you are: the cake photos.

"Yes, Happy Birthday to me- I'm ready for cake!"


"Oh, don't mind if I do..."


"Yum??"


"Don't mind if I do!"


"Um, what now?"



"Uh oh, was the the camera flash?"




"Hey, you gonna eat that?"


Happy Birthday James.  Happy Birthday Anna Kate!! We love you so much.


"The picture's over- back to business."


A special thanks to Meredith at The Hazel Hive for making James and Anna Kate's '1' t-shirts.  They looked so sweet, and I loved that they got to match!  Check her out at Living Simply.  

James and Anna Kate say, "Thanks everybody who came to celebrate our birthdays!! We had a great time. Bye bye!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment